The Five Arrows is a boutique hotel with sixteen bedrooms standing at the gates of Waddesdon Manor. It is the perfect choice for all-inclusive intimate weddings.
With a 2017 Michelin Guide restaurant, beautiful National Trust maintained grounds, newly refurbished interiors, and outstanding service tailored to your every need, it is a truly special venue.
We are licensed to hold marriages and civil partnership ceremonies. The authentic Old Coach House with its timber trussed roof and original wrought ironwork is perfect for a ceremony of up to 80 guests.
The Five Arrows is a Grade II listed building at the gates of Waddesdon Manor built on the site of an old coaching inn. Its name is derived from the Rothschild family emblem of a shield surmounted by five arrows, pointing upward and tied with a ribbon. Each of the arrows represents one of the five sons of Mayer Amschel Rothschild, founder of the Rothschild dynasty, who were sent by their father to establish banking houses in the five financial capitals of Europe – Frankfurt, Vienna, Paris, Naples and London.
Built in 1887 as part of Waddesdon Estate by Baron Ferdinand de Rothschild it was originally used to accommodate the architects, craftsmen and artisans working on the Manor itself. It was designed by architect/builder, James Taylor, who lived locally in Bierton; in his own “authentic” English style of half timbering, elaborate Elizabethan chimney stacks, and wrought ironwork. Architecturally it is one of the most striking buildings in the village.