Confetti outside the Five Arrows

The Five Arrows

The Five Arrows is a boutique hotel with sixteen bedrooms standing at the gates of Waddesdon Manor. It is the perfect choice for all-inclusive intimate weddings.

With a 2017 Michelin Guide restaurant, beautiful National Trust maintained grounds, newly refurbished interiors, and outstanding service tailored to your every need, it is a truly special venue.

Enquire now

weddings-five-arrows-hotel-ceremoney-potters-instinct-photography-medium-3000-1875 View gallery Weddings-flower-detail-3000x1875 Weddings-FiveArrows-Old-Coach-House-3000x1875


We are licensed to hold marriages and civil partnership ceremonies. The authentic Old Coach House with its timber trussed roof and original wrought ironwork is perfect for a ceremony of up to 80 guests.

Weddings-Five-Arrows-Hotel-3000x1875 View gallery weddings-five-arrows-hotel-reception-potters-instinct-photography-medium-3000-1875 Weddings-table-detail-3000x1875 Hotel-OCH-wedding-reception-dinner-APP-3000-1875 Hotel-interior-wedding-table-pink-3000x1875 weddings-fah-och-closeup-reception-table-1875-3000 Weddings-Five-Arrows-Christmas-OCH-reception-table-empty-kate-nielen


The Old Coach House can seat up to 60 guests for dinner, this can be extended to 120 with the addition of a twin pavilion marquee.

Five Arrows Hotel, Old Coach House flowers

Need to know


  • Personal wedding coordinator
  • Licensed for ceremonies
  • In-house catering
  • Onsite parking
  • Wheelchair access


Five Arrows Hotel Exterior

The Five Arrows is a Grade II listed building at the gates of Waddesdon Manor built on the site of an old coaching inn. Its name is derived from the Rothschild family emblem of a shield surmounted by five arrows, pointing upward and tied with a ribbon. Each of the arrows represents one of the five sons of Mayer Amschel Rothschild, founder of the Rothschild dynasty, who were sent by their father to establish banking houses in the five financial capitals of Europe – Frankfurt, Vienna, Paris, Naples and London.

Built in 1887 as part of Waddesdon Estate by Baron Ferdinand de Rothschild it was originally used to accommodate the architects, craftsmen and artisans working on the Manor itself.  It was designed by architect/builder, James Taylor, who lived locally in Bierton; in his own “authentic” English style of half timbering, elaborate Elizabethan chimney stacks, and wrought ironwork. Architecturally it is one of the most striking buildings in the village.